With Christmas fast approaching it got me thinking about which family board game we will play this year after our Christmas dinner. The past few years we have played a range of games and we rarely stick to the same game every year as someone always get's a new one bought for them. Last year we played Obama Llama.
Here is my list of the games I think are great fun for all the family.
1. Monopoly - This is game that needs no explanation and if you don't know what this game is then where have you been living all your life. You can buy nearly any version of this game The Simpson's, Star Wars, Fallout etc etc. This year I have bought Jared an Angry Bird version which was a bargain at £8 in B&M.
2. Cluedo - This is without a doubt my sisters favourite game, she brings out every week and nags for a game. While I enjoy this game I do find that I can't play many times as I get bored, again there are a few versions of this game other than just the bog standard. I think my favourite has to the Sherlock Holmes version which I came across online.
3. The Logo Game - I think this game is just called The Logo Game. I first played this when we spent Jared's first Christmas at Liam's mum's. I had no idea what I was doing and there was a bit of cheating going on from Liam which caused a disagreement, which of course makes it a true Christmas. The game is fun and I believe that it is regularly updated with new versions.
4. Trivial Pursuit - Another game with many versions from Harry Potter to Hasbro! This is a game I always lose at. I know a lot of stuff just not a lot stuff that is asked in this game, I think I would be safer playing the child version but still fear I would be beaten.
5. Bop it! - Technically not a board game but still a great family favourite game to get mad at and throw a tantrum. I once tried to beat a high score and after playing with the damn thing for two weeks I took the batteries out and left it in a cupboard. I do plan of buying the newer version this year though.
6. Hungry Hippo's - Jared love love love's this game. I have to admit it is an easy fun game that keeps the younger children occupied while there is in argument in the kitchen over the Turkey. The only issue I have with this games is that the balls get lost! Why can I not just buy replacement balls? Why do I have to then purchase game over and over again just to make sure I have balls to feed these Hippo's?
7. The Game Of Things - This is a new game that we were sent a little while back. We loved it and it is so funny to see the answer's that are given. How it works is there is a person who read's the card which could say 'Things you shouldn't say to your boss' then you each write down your answer hand it to the person who read the card out and they will then read each answer given. The person to the left of the reader will then get to guess who has wrote which answer but if they get their first guess wrong then it moves on to the next person. Now we had some great fun with this game and you can really tell which people in the family are psychopaths. You can read my full review here.
8. Obama Llama - This game was created by radio presenter Matt Edmondson, I used to listen to the game on his show and would get so angry as some people just didn't get the concept that it had to rhyme. So you get cards which are in three categories, Solve it, Describe it, a person. So say you get the Solve it card someone would read out the clue to the answer which will rhyme (IT ALL RHYMES) 'Depression era bandit couple turn to stone' the answer would be 'Bonnie and Clyde are petrified'. The game will make you all laugh and there will be some who have no idea what is going on which kind of makes it more fun.
9. Pie face - The game everyone went crazy for! while you let your bursting belly take a rest why not let the kids make even more mess and slap a bit of squirty cream in each others faces. I prefer to watch this game rather than take part, yes I'm a party pooper.
10. The Game Of Life - I still have a early version of this, one that isn't all electronic and taking planes and boats to other lands. I love this game so much that I don't even care if I don't win. As a little girl I would hope that I would get the card saying you had a baby just so I could load more pegs into my car, I loved that there was a spinner instead of a dice it made me feel like I was on Wheel Of Fortune.
What is your family favourite game? and what will you be playing this Christmas?