Here is our top 10 of movies to watch as a family.
1. Finding Dory: The sequel to Finding Nemo and probably the more enjoyable of the two. We love watching this as it's a fun and adventurous film plus you can learn to speak whale!! Surely that classes as some sort of education as well.
2. Monsters Inc: We have seen this film countless amounts of time but that is why it's on this list. We love Sully. We have watched the follow on's and we will happily watch any of them so I would like to say that this could include any of the films.
3. Shrek: Who doesn't love Shrek? Lord Farquaad maybe but I think even deep down he has a soft spot for the smelly Orge. We love Shrek because it has everything you want in a film.
4. Jurassic Park: Any of the films is a hit in our house. Jared sits on the edge of his seat asking what is going to happen and Eryn she tries to make dinosaur noises every time she hears a roar. In fact Jared, Eyn and I watched Jurassic Park 3 last night.
5. Trolls: I'm not the biggest fan of this film but that could be because I have seen and heard this film about a thousand times already. I now know all the songs and could probably do a voice over of the film without the script.
6. Willy Wonker: I love this film so so much. As a child my Grandad looked very similar to Gene Wilder so one day I asked him if it was him? Yes he said. I knew it so I told everyone and I believed this for many years, of course my Grandad wasn't Gene Wilder. I'm not a fan of the re-make and it is banned in our house.
7. Big Hero 6: I just don't understand how this film wasn't a bigger hit. Baymax is super cute and funny not to mention a hero. If you have never seen this film then you need to! I don't care if you don't even have kids you need to watch this film.
8. Wall-E: Robots need I say anymore. When we watch this I always tell Jared that if he just sits and watches TV and doesn't exercise or play outside then he will turn into a fat man on a floating bed. He always laughs and says that could be fun. I'm hoping there is going to be a follow up film for this maybe one that shows how robots are a part of life after the humans gaining their planet back and having to learn a lot about living.
9. Toy Story: Again any of the films. We love this one just because it is something that we all thought as a kid? What if our toys come to life when we aren't around? Everyone has their favourite character Jared loves Buzz, Liam loves Woody I'm a fan of Rex.
10. Fern Gully: When ever I mention this film people look at me like I'm speaking another language. This is such a good film so much of a good film that when I was a kid I wore the video tape out to the point it was useless. Now they have it on Netflix and Now TV cinema. Liam isn't a huge fan of this one but Jared is and it really gets Jared thinking about our planet after he watches.
So that is our list I would love to know what you recommend, maybe there are a few that we haven't seen.