For the cake
x3 Large eggs
8oz Self Raising Flour
8oz Caster Sugar
For the filling/icing
lots of Icing Sugar (I never weigh I taste test)
Mini meringue pieces
I weighed my 3 eggs and the weight was 8oz which is why I used 8oz of each ingredient.
- Pre heat the oven I use Gas Mark 5.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar.
- Add one egg at a time with a bit of flour to the butter and sugar mix until all eggs and flour are used.
- Place a generous teaspoon full of cake mixture into cake cases ( I think we ended up with 24 so adjust the recipe accordingly)
- Place in the oven for around 15-20 mins. They should spring back up if cooked and be golden in colour.
- I left the cakes to cool for a while then made the first lot of butter cream icing. To make the butter cream icing I used 4oz of butter then kept adding icing sugar until I was happy with how it tasted you can add a drop of vanilla if you prefer vanilla butter cream icing.
- I then made lemon icing by adding lemon juice to the icing sugar, again I did this to taste and used however much icing sugar I needed.
- I cut a lid out of each cake and added a spoonful of lemon curd and butter cream icing to each and place the lid back on.
- Drizzle the lemon icing over the cake and add the mini meringue pieces.
- Last but not least eat them and enjoy.